
I must admit that I have enjoyed the experience of blogging back and forth with my fellow classmates, even though there has not been alot of interaction with this idea as Kaplan had thought there would be. Not that there couldn't have been had everyone answered back and forth as planned.
I don't see that there is a need for blogging after class has finished for the term. I didn't blog before this class, I didn't have time not to mention the types of people out there in the world to blog back and forth with.
To be honest with all of you I feel that blogging is for people who have nothing better to do with their spare time. I have enjoyed blogging with my class mates though. The ones who did in fact take time to read and blog back.
Sherry W.

I'm with you Sherry on the blogging. It seems as though you read my mind and spoke my words. I too wasn't crazy about the blog idea from the beginning. But each week I actually started to enjoy it, especially when there was feedback from classmates.I'm not really sure what Kaplan's purpose was for the blog, however if another one of my classes has us blog, I'll be ok with it. I don't believe I will continue to blog unless its a requirement from a class. It is a good way to vent if someone needed to vent, and I saw alot of venting in some blogs. It seemed to help relieve some stress at times for me, but there were also times when I stressed over having to blog still, Lol. I wonder what Kaplans's intentions were for the blogging? Sherry we only have two weeks left for this term! I wanted to tell you I really enjoyed having you in class. You are a very friendly person and very helpful to many of our classmates. You were always uplifting and bright and made me feel very comfortable around you. I wish you success with the rest of your classes and I sure hope to have you in more classes with me.Thank you for all your kindness and wonderful support.:)
ReplyDeleteDoreen
Good question, Sherry~! I, for one, will continue mine...well, yes, I'll be teaching more classes for Kaplan (yay!), but also, I love it for the purpose Kaplan designed it: just to get you comfortable expressing yourself through writing. The more practice you have in this arena, the better :) Lord knows we all (myself included!) need it! However, let me tell you, I do totally relate to your comment on not having enough time...so true. I have enjoyed having you as a student (and you, too, Doreen)--consistent, reliable, interesting, lively--wonderful!~
ReplyDeleteSherry,
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed reading your blogs this term. I agree with you that more interaction would make this more fun, but the requirement for interaction is already covered on the discussion boards, so if they made it mandatory I think it would have really only caused more stress than help. I think it is a great idea though for getting us writing. I know I enjoyed having an arena to write "my way" about whatever I felt like rather than having a bunch of assignments. I always stress when I am told I have to write a paper or any kind of formal assignment, but this was very freeing because of the lack of restrictions and limitations as well as minimum length requirements! I love that they gave us optional prompts for the days you aren't sure what to write about though... I definitely send my approval to Kaplan for this option! However, after the end of the term I don't really see myself using this. With no class to write "to", I just don't think I would see the point of writing it out. Good luck with the last couple weeks and the rest of your time here at Kaplan!
Hiya Sherry. I totally agree with everything that you have said. I am not a blogger. Even as a kid, I could never keep up with a journal. I did enjoy trading our ideas back and forth throughout the semester though. it made things seem a little more interesting. I do not understand how something like this that is mandatory and part of our grade how some students just blow it off? I enjoyed these blogs simply for the fact that it allowed the freedom to post whatever we wanted such as pictures, ideas, or simply just to write about everyday happenings. It was nice to get to know alot of the classmates and see the personal side to them. Thanks for everything that everyone has put out there!
ReplyDelete