
Discuss your personal writing process and see what others have to say about your style.
I don't really have a writing style or at least I don't think of it as one.
I just write down all of the things that are going through my head about the subject that I am writing about. If the research and information that I have already looked up, printed, highlighted, and scribbled in side notes match my thoughts or ideas then I am on the right track. If I don't have the answers to my personal questions then I know I am headed in the wrong direction and I have to look up some more references and make some more notes to get were I want to be.
During the writing process though I write down all of my ideas in statement form, or any forms in which I think that I might use for the paper. Sometimes I end up with a paragraph here or there and I lay them all out on the table and put them all together by reading them out loud and organizing them that way. Then I sit down in front of the computer and get to work.
I find that I do the best of my writing by waiting until the last day before the dead line. I sit down get it all together, print it out hand it out to a few of my best friends(pen included) they love it they always get a new pen, and not just a pen a special pen that I think reflects their personality. They read it make their notes, highlights and side ideas and then around 1/2 in the morning I sit down and rehash it all over again.
This has brought me down to the day of the deadline, its do or die. I read my paper silently, out loud, to my kids, to the dog, fix it, and by midnight of the due date it is ready for the drop box and Kay-SA-Ra, it is finite........
Does that make me weird, or does that make my writing style weird, I never thought of it as any type of style until I started school at Kaplan, but from what I have heard allot of people write their final projects this way, THE WEIRD WRITING STYLE GROUP.
THANKS FOR READING,
Sherry W.

Hello! It sounds like you have a unique way of writing and I give you props for that! It's very interesting the different ways that work for peers. I don't really have a writing style either because I don't really enjoy writing! I just try my best in my writing even though sometimes I don't think it's very good. Good luck in your writing process! Hope everything turns out well for you!
ReplyDeleteWell count me in as one of the WEIRD WRITING STYLE GROUP! I definitely have a similar method, especially the part about waiting until the last night! I really do work better under pressure. Whether it is because I know I can get it done at the last minute and feel no real need to do it before, or maybe just the thrill of pushing it... I don't know why, but I can never get major projects done before the night it's due. I also am with you on the layout style and just writing what you think as you go, then putting it together. Let me know when the group meetings are, and I'd be happy to join! ;-)
ReplyDeleteSherry how do I play the games ? Nothing happens when I click over them?? Hurry and answer I'm fustrated~!! Lol.
ReplyDeleteDoreen
Never Mind Sherry I got them working and that creepy spider followed me. I think I overfed the hamster Lol.
ReplyDeleteDoreen
Sherry It seems to me your writing technique runs across the lines of brainstorming and listing. So you certainly do have a style. It's ok to have your own twist to it regardless of the technique since it is only used for your own benefit and not an assignment to be turned in.
ReplyDelete