Wednesday, November 4, 2009

BREIFLY MY THOUGHTS...... (UNIT 4)


Based upon your reading on plagiarism, why do you think we need to cite our sources?


Plagiarism is a very serous thing not only in the world of writing but also in life issues. I think it is important to cite because it not only tells people where you found your information at, but it also allows them to look it up on their own. It gives then a chance to form their own opinion of your writing and present any questions they may have of their own.


It also shows that you are giving credit to the person who actually wrote the information that you quoted, paraphrased, or copied word for word. Citing keeps you from being charged with plagiarism. Which as a result could lead to the lose of your career or a lawsuit.


I think citing also shows that you have your own idea in a writing as well as using someone else's ideas which could at some point in time lead to one of your writings being published as you are compiling information on a subject but in a different view. If the paper were to be published and citation was in order there would be no chance that you would lose the publishing right because borrowed information would be sited and your new information would stand out clearly.


Sherry W.

2 comments:

  1. Very thoughtful, Sherry! I also really like your graphic (pencils)---cool.
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sherry,
    I missed the seminar for unit 4 due to an emergency, but viewed the seminar through the archives. I saw where you had to leave for your father was in emergency room. That is also why I wasn't at seminar , my daughter was in a car accident but she is ok now; has a cast on leg. I hope all turned out ok with your father. Ok now I must go see what option 2 is for seminar 4. When you have a chance reply on my blog about how your Dad is doing.
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete